Wednesday, February 24, 2010

JBS Mercantile March Guest: Anabelle O'Malley


Hi! I’m Anabelle O’Malley! I live in Delaware with my husband and our six year old son, Ryan who is generally the subject of my scrapbook pages.! I’ve been papercrafting for the past five years and have loved every minute of it. It truly is my creative outlet. All of my creations contain lots of texture and details. I love all things vintage, shabby, soft and glittery. When I’m not in my scraproom I can be found relaxing with my family, cooking, reading or hitting the gym. I hate housework, so every once in a while I have to force myself to do that, too! I’m just thrilled to be the Guest Designer for this month. I adore Jenni’s kits and products and being a part of the team for March is such a treat.

I just adore this picture of Ryan that was taken a couple of years ago. He was helping my husband wash the car and started playing with the water. I love the burst of water, the sun shining through it, the expression on his face and how his hair still had curls in it. Most of all, I just love how it screams SUMMER, our favorite time of year!


The journaling is on the cards tucked behind the photo, so you can't clearly read them on the page. But, the layout is about my husband's birthday cake that wouldn't 'die'. We sang happy birthday to him, with it, three times over the course of a week. It became a standing joke and no one ventured a taste! I was waiting for the perfect papers to use with this picture and these were it!

Some detail info: I cut apart the Bingo letters and created the little banner for the title. I accented the edges of the letters with glitter. I added glitter to the floral paper, as well. Sanding the cardstock really made the circles pop and I added stitiching along the bottom to give it even more texture.

As for my scraproom, I am sending you a photo of several pieces in my milk glass collection. I have dishes, vases, candy holders and bowls throughout my room. The dishes hold embellishments and my pens, pencils and scissors live in the vase. I love the way they look scattered around my space!

I can't wait to see what other delicious treats Anabelle has in store for us this month, can you?

The big reveal is on the 28th (at midnight) this month, but more sneaks tomorrow!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love your layout Anabelle!!! I collect milk glass as well! What a great idea to keep all your scrap goods in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the guest designer spot, Anabelle! Beautiful layout and what a great photo of your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats anabelle!! You know i'm a big fan of your work ;-) Can't wait to see what you do this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! I collect milk glass too. Love it with the scrap stuff in it!! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on guesting, Anabelle! Love the trio of journaling cards and flower cut-outs peeking out from behind the photos...can't wait to see more from you here soon! LOVE the milk glass collection as well...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!!! Beautiful layout and I love your milk glass collection!

    ReplyDelete