Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lisa Dickinson is Thinking of Spring!

When I pulled out the new JBS Homespun collection to create a page, I immediately thought of spring! The bright happy colors, fresh floral patterns, and of course those butterflies (yum!) made me think of flowering bulbs, new baby birds, and crisp spring air. It also brought to mind fresh starts and new beginnings. So I went way back into my photos and pulled a few from Riely's birth to scrap. Being the first granddaughter born on both sides of our family made her arrival a definite new beginning!

I used a 1" scalloped square punch to create a patchwork background of several of the papers. I added a large rose (hand cut from another paper) and layered it with the new buttons and a butterfly. The scallop punch across the top ties in with the red rub on numbers I used across the bottom.

So even if you're knee deep in snow right now, I challenge you to create a spring-inspired page with the new Homespun line. It's the perfect way to chase away those winter doldrums and bring a bit of spring into your scraproom. (And don't forget to share your creations by leaving us a link in the comments!)

Sweetness! Thanks for the inspiration Lisa!
Pin It!

4 comments: