Friday, February 11, 2011

Be Mine by Ranjii Malhotra

I have been wanting to use my Jenni Bowlin for Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabbers on fabric for some time and I recently found a stash of needlework fabric I had from my cross-stitching days. You can purchase this type of fabric in most craft stores. I simply cut the heart shape using pinking shears and then covered the fabric hearts with the dabber paints in Cough Syrup and Chewing Gum. Allow the paint to dry completely. If you're impatient like me, you can use your heat gun to speed drying. If the heart curls up or warps, you can iron it flat (on the side without the paint, on a low setting very quickly - don't apply too much heat and don't iron for too long. Then attach the heart to your card base. If you like, you can stamp a sentiment on the heart. I stamped the Be Mine sentiment (Northwoods Rubber Stamp) using Papertrey Perfect Match Hybrid Ink in Fresh Snow. I I added embossing powder in white and embossed the sentiments on to the fabric. Add a few stick pins, JBS labels, seam binding and vintage buttons and you're done - simple and lovely valentines.

What a sweet technique! Thanks for the inspiration Ranjini!
Pin It!

2 comments: