Monday, April 11, 2011

JBS + Write.Click.Scrapbook Mini-Album Week!

It's here! It's here! The JBS + Write.Click.Scrapbook Min-Album Week is finally here! Be sure to check in at WCS each day for double the inspiration. We've got so much planned for you! Including a double whammy give.away.day on Thursday! Woohoo!
Our first min-album is brought to you by Doris Sander. Hey that's me! I tend to make very elaborate covers and super simple interiors. I'll be back on Wednesday with some interior pages and to explain my mini-abum philosophy in more depth. Today I want to share with you how I made the cover for my "By the Sea" mini-album.


All the materials here are from the "DeLovely Limited Edition Kit" except for the bookbinding rings and rhinestones. I added those from my stash. The "seaweed" was created from a Martha Stewart snowflake punch. It's always great to stretch your scrapbooking budget by looking at your supplies with new eyes.


I didn't like the way the ribbon was flapping all over the place after I tied it in a knot, so I used some of the charms for a more tailored look. I simply stitched from the inside out and sewed two charms on then stitched from the inside out to sew two more charms on the other side. I then tied my string together on the inside and clipped it short so the string wasn't visible.


The base of my cover is some of the new Die-Cut Book Set (they come with the kit). I followed Jenni's "tie dye" tutorial. I covered the chipboard with Spice Tin Ink, but instead of misting it with plain water, I misted it with Lemon Drops. Love the look! Do stay tuned for more inspiration! And don't forget to check on what the girls at Write.Click.Scrapbook have for you today. :)
Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! I love how you finished the ribbon and the look of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I could have used that tie dye tutorial last week, Doris. Lovin' those rhinestone studded pearls through the ribbon...new crush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, Doris!! I love how you did the ribbons, and the whole cover is just gorgeous! Thank you for showing us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely book indeed, Doris! I love how you mixed so much but it still looks so easy-going : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris, ur book is so inspirational! Thx 4 sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doris, this is amazing! I love the soothing colors and am dying to see the inside! I love how you attached the ribbons, too. I get a bit bored with my two ways. This will be nice to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful Doris! I especially love the snowflake seaweed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are perfect. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darling. Can't wait to see the inside pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. write.click.scrapbook sent me
    it's gonna be a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Can't wait to see the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful. I have a bit of a mental block about mini-albums; I decided mine don't come out well, so I shouldn't do them. But, I love them when I see them, so perhaps here and WCS will get me out of my mini album funk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute album.
    'sent' from write.click.scrapbook.
    now a new follower. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your book, D! write.click.scrapbook. said to say they sent me, but i'm already here all the time! lol. Thanks for doing the mini-album week. I love those!
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha, not sure the yellow snowflake is workin 4 me...yellow seaweed? Looks cool though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your cover and want to see the inside.
    The snowflake punch was clever for seaweed.

    ReplyDelete