Monday, May 23, 2011

One More for May . . .


I know there are all types of "kit scrappers" out there; I'm of the variety who likes to feel she's finished one kit before the next one arrives. Now I had already done six layouts with May's Kits which is more than plenty I think, but still there were a few lovely bits nagging me.

I shockingly hadn't even opened the awesome alpha from the Farmer's Market Add-on . . .

It killed me that I hadn't yet used an optical lens from the Project Kit, I still had that sweet transparent envelope from the ephemera pack in the Main Kit, and I've had it in my mind to use the Mercantile Sticker for the longest . . .

And then there was the vintage negative and its sleeve from the Flea Market Add-on that I just could NOT not use . . .


So I whipped up this layout this weekend. The background is just random bits of patterned paper and ephemera adhered to grey cardstock and then covered with gesso. I then added lots of charming embellishments and my journaling from an old blog post. Love.


And now I can disassemble my kit remains with a sense of accomplishment. I will keep my absolute favorites (like the last 4x6 scrap of that yellow daisy paper) and send the rest to my sister who teaches high school art. She is always so happy with my leftovers. And now on to the June Kits! Peeks on the 25th! Happiness abounds. -doris :)
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Your lovely layout has reminded me to go back to the days when I scrapbooked freely and just from the heart. Thank you!
    *smile*
    @scrapcollectr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Doris! I have the same attitude about kits, I feel so good when I use them up!

    ReplyDelete