Monday, September 19, 2011

Mixing It Up: "My People" by Jill Sprott

This is the time of year when we eagerly await boxes full of new scrap goodies, but what about the products that already have homes in your stash?  They deserve love, too, don't they?  In combining new items with older ones, you can get your new product "fix" while also revitalizing product that has been somewhat neglected.   This is exactly what I did with the following layout:
I pulled together some of my favorite yesteryear JBS products with my favorite items from recent releases.

The foundation of the page is one of my favorite JBS papers ever, "Vintage Drawing Paper."  I have been hoarding sheets of this precious stuff for years, and this is the last of it.  I also worked in papers and journaling cards from the Victoria, Play Date, and Red and Black Extension III lines, along with the more recent Be Our Guest and Haven lines, and the new Christmas and Halloween lines.
I combined older and newer accents as well here, including pearl flowers (one of my all-time favorite JBS accents), mini letter stickers, and gold floral rub-ons, all of which keep company with the new shadow alpha stickers and one of the house chipboard pieces (which I inked with the new Weather Vane ink).
This layout, like the others posted by the design team over the past few weeks, illustrates just how well older and newer JBS products mix on a page.  Though what's new won't be new for long, isn't it refreshing to know that what's old can be new again?  
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I love the colors and the patterns and the gold. And your last sentence made me totally smile - so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Jill! So that's where all of that old paper went to, LOL! Love that you mixed it all together for this.
    craft-tastrophe

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the mix of all of the papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page and thanks for pointing out the advantages of mixing old and new!

    ReplyDelete