Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome Julie Weiss Our January Guest!

This month we are excited to welcome as our kit club guest, the lovely scrapbooker, Julie Weis.

Hey everybody! My name is Julie Weis and I live in the heart of the bluegrass, Lexington, Kentucky. I am married to a wonderful Godly man, who keeps me on my toes and I have one awesomely unique fifteen year old boy who has a bit of a rebellious streak. He may have gotten that from his mom.;)

I've been scrapbooking since 2000 and of course I began with Creative Memories. But I soon found a whole new world of creativeness. My scrapbook pages always begin with a photo that inspires me. Then I choose paper and embellishments to create the mood that I am going for. I rarely use a sketch. So I never know quite what my page will look like until it is finished.
My other interest are very amateur photography, sewing, knitting, and quilting.

My favorite layout from my guest gallery is this one. I used this month's Antiquarian Kit and i absolutely love everything in it. Especially the clock and the vintage tabs!

These are two of my favorite photos. I love the first one because you can see mischief in their eyes.

I love the second one because it captures Jake's personality so perfectly. His middle name is Isaac and it means laughter.

This is my creating space. I love all of the little bits of inspiration on my bulletin board.
Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Julie, it was so much fun having you as the guest. You created some awesome pages! I loved how you cut out the pink transparency, great work - those are great pics of your fellas. Your space is so warm and cozy and I love your board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaay Julie!! :) What a perfect way to start off the new year here at JBS! You have a beautiful family - I love that first picture too, it tells so much about their personalities. And you definitely have a warm and cozy creating space! Beautiful work with the Antiquarian kit, and congrats on being the first guest of 2012! :)
    Ranjini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what to say about the coordination between the urban people. I was really excited in reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Julie! Love the stuff you've created this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much you all!!! i loved creating for JBS this month and i always love jenni's kits!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pages Julie. You have done a great job inspriring.....Can't wait to see more on your blog and the months and years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your views are going on a right path and your blog is very informative. We shouldn't get hung up on the tech. Think different.

    ReplyDelete