Tuesday, January 10, 2012

You've Got Mail from Ranjini Malhotra

Ranjini here with some sweet Valentine decor for you today! I found this mini cardboard mailbox at my local Hobby Lobby and was pleased to find that it was very easy indeed to alter. I used warm white paint to paint the lid and rear of the box, and the bottom as well. Once these were dry. I applied JBS patterned paper (the mini 4x4 paper from the Playdate Paper Pack) and adhered it to the body of the mailbox. Then all I had to do was apply adhesive over the paint (I used Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue with two-way applicator) and sprinkled it with Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter in Crystal. I embellished it with ribbons, a vintage button and a chipboard key from my valentine stash, and tucked some JBS bingo cards inside. (You could also pop in a small chocolate bar or fill it with chocolate kisses!) Use it as a sweet little container to give as a gift and it can be used afterwards as decor or to store mini valentines!


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. ranjini, this is beautiful and brilliant!! i think i will do this for my two besties. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness...this is so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever, Rangini - this is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete