Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome JBS Mercantile's May Guest May Flaum!

We'd like to take several moments to welcome our May Guest, May Flaum!  Welcome May!!!

My name is May Flaum and I can’t get enough shades of aqua or purple in my life. I love a good book (with a happy ending), painting with my fingers, things that sparkle, being the mom of two girls and wife of a fireman, and doilies. I believe in crafting happy and not getting hung up on rules or expectations. I’ve held a lot of jobs in the scrapbook industry, right now I’m fully loving teaching classes on-line and at local stores, as well as sharing ideas on my blog every week. My current craft addictions are Jenni Bowlin paint dabbers, buttons, lace trim, and manila tags. If I’m able to sneak in some extra calories, you’ll find me most days up in my studio creating and sipping on a Coca Cola (in a bottle).

“Play” is my favorite projec that I created with the May Kits, though the baby layout is a close second. I just had pure creative fun with this page. Splatting paint, layering bits, coloring the banner, using sticker letters to create a mask effect and using paint with the stencil – I had a blast! I do love a good creative session, and this page featuring photos from our hotel on Maui’s pool was my favorite to create.

This is the first photo of my new desk chair.  Over a year ago I promised myself if I cleaned my whole studio I could get it… and just last month I finally made good on that promise! I was lucky enough to find that my Pier 1 store still had one, and it makes my computer time seem that much more lovely.

Lilacs are my favorite flower, and I love soft purple tones as well. They don’t last long – and this is my favorite photo from this year’s crop. Which reminds me, I want to plant more of them!

May worked in lots of the Spring Quarter Dime Store Kit.  It blends beautifully with the May Kits.

There's also a little something special in this month's Mini-Album Kit designed by Shimelle Laine.  It's a limited edition screen print!  Designed by Shimelle and each one is numbered and signed by Shimelle!

And for all you vintage lovers . . . don't forget Jenni is now offering her One-of-a-Kind Flea Market Finds on the 1st and 15th of the month!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see May here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love May with May! My fav is absolutely that Baby page! Berry cute!

    ReplyDelete