Sunday, August 26, 2012

JBS Summer Games: Doubles Tennis

Doris here getting in on the tennis match today.  When I looked to the tennis court sketch for inspiration, I immediately thought, "Two Pager!"  I don't often do two page layouts, so this one took a while for me, but I'm delighted with the way it turned out.

I followed the sketch quite closely.  You can see that my photos mimic the red quadrants with the yellow begin the top edge there and the background patterned paper being the green.

From there I took the idea of the ball volleying back and forth across the court to add in my color play. With the kelly green background on the right I decided to add those green labels on the left. Then I took the blue vellum on the left and hit across some blue in the label on the right. Then I saw the pink vellum on the right and came back with some pink patterned paper on the left. Back and forth, back and forth, just like tennis!

This is a sneak peek of September's Papercrafting and Artisan Add-ons!  It's a bright happy month suitable for all sorts of scrapping.  Those two yellow sheets you see are vintage pieces from the main kit!

I also added in some vellum and sequins from my stash and the little camera is a diecut available through Silhouette.

You can play along with us!  Post your layouts inspired by the Summer Games onto the JBS Summer Games thread to be eligible for medal contention and great prizes!  Each entry must be created from a JBS Mercantile Kit(s) or include at least three different JBS products.  Entries close at midnight CST on September 2nd.  Winners will be randomly drawn and announced on September 3rd.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic two-pager! There are so many details that catch my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not normally a double pager either, but this I could get on board with. Love it!

    ReplyDelete