Monday, August 6, 2012

JBS Summer Games: Gymnastics


All month long, we are celebrating the Summer Games with our own festivities! As the team shares projects inspired by Olympic events, we'd love to see yours, too.  In true Olympian style, we'll be presenting gold, silver, and bronze awards at the end of the month to those who enter their projects on the JBS Forum. Let the games begin!

One of my favorite summer events is gymnastics. I am amazed by the flexibility and fearlessness of gymnasts. In fact, my earliest Olympic memory is that of watching a gymnast (I'm pretty sure it was Bart Conner) on the rings. I admired him so much that I decided to face the rings on the playground and finally learn how to do a somersault. I may never have mastered the monkey bars, but to this day, I still get a rush just thinking about those rings.

It's pretty easy to guess, then, which event I decided to focus on as inspiration for this layout:
Using my circle cutter, I cut a bunch of circles and rings from papers in the Jenni Bowlin Studio Wren collection as well as from a few sheets of JBS die-cut paper. I even emulated a few pizza pies by using the new Stitched Grid stamp, stamping a square one way using Fountain Pen ink, and then angling the stamp to create "slices." This layout also gives you a peek at the new Red Skinny Alphas and one of the postage stamp label stickers. 
Deep dish pizza and rings galore -- this is how I like my Olympics.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Don't forget to check out the JBS Forum for more fun!
Pin It!

3 comments: