Saturday, October 27, 2012

Scrap Vintage - Memories



I must confess I find it hard to use vintage items and ephemera in my creating, not because I cant, it is more a case of not wanting to ruin some thing that is pretty amazing in its own right! So I could be accused of being a hoarder of all things vintage, and old! ....that includes all the wonderful items that Jenni finds and includes in the amazing Antiquarian Kits! 

So I have [grudgingly ....joke :)] used mostly vintage and found items from past Jenni Bowlin Studio Antiquarian kits, with the odd fabulous new release embellishment and quite possible you might spy an embellishment from an older range :) :) :)



For this particular layout I have used a vintage photo [credit The Whatevers] and used a fun mix of both vintage findings and old and new release embellishments. the black ground splash of green was made using the delicious paint Seed Packet.




Again I have used a vintage photo [credit The Whatevers], but kept it light and fresh with using the fabulous Die-cut Bank Statement paper as a background and a fresh color palette; the paint is the divine Chilli Powder.




This final layout is created using a contemporary photo and a play on words from the actual book page background. I thought it was a fabulous contrast with using the title 'A little field, I'd like to have a little field', with a photo representing me living in the 'concrete jungle'. The picture of a little cottage under a tree completes the contrast perfectly.



Sooooo as you can see I have well and truly overcome my fear of using wonderful vintage items and ephemera in my creativity, I do hope you have as much fun as I did! :)

Cheers Louise :) xxx
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. laughing that is the way I am!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lou totally amazing...Lovin it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here, I usually scan my vintage items. I just can't bring myself to cut up something older than two generations in my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful, and so amazing. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout. I keep looking at the first one. Love the little cluster, the splash of green and the background paper is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh, Louise - the first layout with the green made my heart sing! So happy to have you here - Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Jenni thank you! thank you for the joy and honour of creating with your vintage fabness!!! :)

      Delete
  7. So exactly how did you get that yummy splash of green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I added some paint to a micro mister and added a little water to make it slightly runnier. I misted a small area of my background paper [vintage ledger paper], and then lightly spritzed it with a fine water mister. The darker splats were applied using a soft bristle paint brush :)

      IHTH's Cheers Louise :) xx

      Delete