Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One Digi Kit 3 Ways and 50% Off Today

One Buck Wednesday is happening over at JessicaSprague.com, where you can get digital kits for $1.00 or 50% off for the entire day.

Today, we're offering one of the kits I use the most in my scrapbooking, Classic Border Shapes for 50% off:




I'd love to show you how I used one of the images in this kit, three ways.



I used this sweet Bird Border in the kit to create a digital project life page, to create borders for a layout with my Silhouette cutting machine, and again with my cutting machine to create a pretty little home dec item. Here are the three ways I used the border:


I used the .png files to add torn & sewn birdie border strips to my first Digital Project Life page:

Supplies:
Jenni Bowlin Studio Vintage Bingo Cards, JBS Black Bingo Cards, JBS classic Border Shapes, JBS Mercantile Mix Patterns4, JBS Word Arrows, JBS Frame Rub-Ons, JBS Classic Label Papers

I'm taking the Digital Project Life class at JessicaSprague.com and it's wonderful!  I know my way around a computer pretty well, but I learn something new every time I take a class with Jessica.



I also used the Bird Border with my Silhouette machine to make the borders in my January Mercantile Kit layout:



and finally ... I loaded the Bird border into my Silhouette software and deleted all but one bird, resized him to fit a little bird cage I had, and cut it out of thin chipboard and JBS patterned paper:


supplies:  Red/Black Collection 2012 Boy Meets Girl, Cardstock Feathers, Mini Chipboard Star Pieces, Star Banner Stickers, Glitter,  Wren Bird Patterned Paper, metal label holder from January Antiquarian kit, star brads


What a sweet little bird!  The shape is precious and just lovely used as a single image as I did here.

I hope you can see just how versatile digital kits are!  And remember, this one is 50% off through the rest of Wednesday!


Pin It!

1 comment: