Thursday, March 6, 2014

Let Your Flatbacks Shine!


The Mercantile Papercrafting Kit is a collection of shiny happy bright things and  I'm a bit partial to the chalkboard flatbacks that (big smile) Jenni let me design. <--- thrilled!
The Chalkboard Flatbacks are one of Jenni's newest releases available now and they come in 2 sets:

  Chalkboard Flatbacks I       Chalkboard Flatbacks II

(((I hope you love them!)))

The "shine" flatback was the perfect title to my layout about my sweet dog squinting in the sun. To really make it pop,  I placed it on a Quilt Star Punched piece and accented it with the gorgeous gold sequins in the kit.  I sewed sun rays onto the background paper to bring your eye to the flatback by pointing right to it.


I also highlighted words on Lisa Dickinson's great exclusive paper in the kit by hand sewing circles and accenting with painted wood veneer in the kit.






Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. So love this flair Betsy!!! Gorgeous layout too...rockin the sequins and wood veneer!!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flair, Betsy! And the layout turned out really sweet! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your page Betsy. I may scraplift it for sure. Our sweet dog we have had since she was fresh out of the womb 16 years ago passed away last week. I have the perfect picture of her to use on this specific layout. I can't wait to get my kit now!! (not that I wasn't anxious anyway)...Thanks for sharing your sweet page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! My sympathies! Louise, if you're going to scraplift are you going to do the cut file too?!

      Delete
  4. Such a great page Betsy! I love how you've highlighted a few words with the stitching

    ReplyDelete