Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Oooo Baby - It's One Buck Wednesday!


And our JBS Digital Shoppe has baby inspired digi products on sale today!






Chantalle McDaniel created a wonderful mini album using these kits:

I was elated to work with the ‘Baby of Mine’ collection this month, as my neighbour is expecting a little blue bundle of joy any minute! I have created this mini album keepsake for her to record those first few precious details.



I created the sleeve in my Silhouette software, which hides a pull out album. How I adore the gold rubons (in any design!) Here, I’ve dotted a few stars on the blue card stock I’ve matted behind the cut title.

To create the album, I started out by setting up some pages (4x6 size) in my word processing programme. I then went about importing a selection of the 'Baby of Mine’ patterned  papers. I’ve also dropped in a few of the boy versions of the 'Printed Tickets’. I think these provide perfect prompts for entering those all-important details! These pages were then printed off onto white card stock and trimmed.

This notebook paper was ‘created' by placing three of the lined ‘Baby of Mine’ journaling cards side by side. I have cut off the punched pattern on two of them to create an extended line.

A blank space for adding some teeny toe prints.

In between the card stock , I have also added clear photo sleeves for my neighbour to add some snaps. Have you tried using rubons directly onto your page protectors or photo sleeves? They look great, adhere perfectly and add a bit of interest, without interfering with your actual photo!

The pages were then collated and bound using a blanket stitch. (It’s worth noting that I pierced the guide holes before I sewed, so the stitches would be consistent.) I’ve also highlighted a few of the printed stars on the paper with some gold rubon stars. Happily, they were the exact same size!

For the final finishing touch, I’ve created a charm using my Epiphany Crafts tool and the ‘Mercantile Mix’ cut files - Silhouettes. I’ve singled out the male profile and coloured him, then printing him out, punching and creating the epoxy sticker.

Materials used:

Digital:
Traditional:
JBS Scattered Stars Rub-Ons Gold
JBS Pennant Rub-Ons Gold
You can find the Scattered Stars and Pennant Rub-Ons at your favorite retailer and will be coming to the Mercantile soon!
This is pretty amazing Chantalle!  Thank you!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment