Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Simply Messy Scrapbooking

 The November JBS Mercantile Kits are perfect for fall scrapbooking!  I was totally in love with the gold leaves from the Antiquarian Kit and wanted to use them right away.  I used the whole sheet on this page to make a shining statement.

Here is a quick peek at my colorful mess before I stitched on those gold leaves.  It was so simple!  I just painted a few swatches of bright fall colors with my watercolor palette and then added some ink splats with a Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress stain.

I love how it reminds me of fall leaves in all their glory with the golden sunlight filtering through.

I also love the little JBS Girl exclusive stamp that came in the main kit.  I wonder why Jenni took so long to think of this idea.  She was the perfect addition to this page.  I feel like she is me taking that walk in the woods.

To get this look, I stamped her with Stayzon permanent ink (so the watercolors wouldn't make the ink run), painted her with the same set of watercolors, then trimmed her out.  A Polaroid frame helped her have more presence on the page.  So cute!

Have you begun photographing and scrapbooking this fall?  We'd love to see!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love your page Doris...Perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great page. Love the gold foil layered over the painted background, and the stitching. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete